0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Passive Powers Such as +20 Poison Resistance or +15 Crafting Skill
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 8

Rukiu

re: Race Racial Abilities

There has been some debate if races would have a racial ability. According to what I've read the devolpers are undecided on it. This post isn't to verify that it's to ask you guys if you would like them in. Personally i would, not because racial powers are the standard in mmo's but from a role-playing view i think it helps players flesh out their characters and gives them more of a identity from other players.

Lets be honest. How does having a racial ability help you flesh out a character?

Also. I refuse to vote since there is a WoW reference, and I dont know what the hell a Tauren War stomp is

Awarded:

Must.....have.....equilibrium.....back

A War Stomp is a .5 second stun its really pointless to have but its a racial. so the question is would you rather have that crappy racial or none at all

What i meant about the thing is if their are 4 bounty hunters i like that if were different races we at least have a 1 different power (disregarding your spec) also racials are something the specific race is good at it usually highlights a culture or physical ability only that race has.

Well, when SWG started (prior to WoW ruining gaming for anyone with an IQ that has 3 digits), there were passive racial abilities. Personally, I am a fan of passive racial abilities, as they are easy to implement in an RP setting, and less of a balancing issue, and more of a style I think.

I would like to see some passive or even active (once per day perhaps) racial traits. Pureblood Sith get a bonus to force power or rage building, Trandoshans can breathe in water, etc etc etc.

Think Morrowind/Oblivion racial abilities or straight AD&D passive racial traits and you'll see where im going. The racial traits should fit the overall story of the race.

Yea if there are racial that is what i want powers the highlight your race it gives a little more insight to your race and stuff also passive racials are nice to because they don't really un balance the game but you get free bonuses

Racials are always unbalanced and result in a mass migration to that race. Leave them out they are worthless.

Rukiu

Even the Passive ones!

They don't unbalance, they simply force you to make a choice. The whole "every character has to have every power available to every other character" mentality is what has ruined MMO's. <couchWOWcough>

Oh no...

It's the dreaded
Vaylen Darkstar wrote:
<couchWOWcough>

I had a buddy catch this up in Atlanta like a year ago and he still has it...

...worse than Bird Flu they say.

Don't EVER play WoW on the couch or you'll get it faster than a .5 second Tauren War Stomp.

Yeah, because Paladin's throw out Frostbolts all the time amirite? Seriously, it is an unneeded feature that will cause more things to be balanced accordingly, it's a waste of time and dedication from the devs.

Vaylen Darkstar
Archon
Apprentice

Wrong again padawan. Much like table top RP and any other respectable single player game....differing abilities (what you call "unbalancing") are what create replay value and differential gameplay.

I never replayed Oblivion after I became the Gray Fox and I really think I should have tried all the other classes now, but stealing worthless items all over the realm was so damn fun.

Ive become the Gray Fox, The Hand (Assasin guild), Arena Champ, Archmage, and whatever runs the fighters guild . Now im gonna do it all over again with an Argonian.

Vaylen Darkstar wrote:
Wrong again padawan. Much like table top RP and any other respectable single player game....differing abilities (what you call "unbalancing") are what create replay value and differential gameplay.

This isnt a single player game or a table top rp. There is replay value in different classes and story in MMORPGS.

Someones not gonna replay the same class as a different race on the lone reason of there is a few passive stat changes or 1 or 2 abilities. You might be re-rolling to go a different spec and then decide oh hey lets switch up the race to try this racial out. The problem with racials is if you make them too weak theyre pointless, if you make them strong enough to be noticeable then it shoehorns you into a decision. For example lets say Purebloods get a healing/force power damage boost, then say Zabraks get a +% health boost. A tank is probbly not gonna pick a pureblood and a healer/dps is probbly not gonna pick a zabrak.

PS. Wow did nothing to homogenize gameplay that countless other games hadn't already done.

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Marcus Brigstocke
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Crimson Order Forum Index -> Public Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Search TORHead
Mumble Status
Teamspeak Status
Server Status