Who's Online
Links
This is how much we use the site.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Crimson Order Forum Index -> Announcements (Public)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caden Graka
Caden Graka
Dear Leader Emeritus
Apprentice

Awarded:

re: Get to know the CO's leaders, Part Four: Vaylin Darkstar

Vaylin Darkstar is currently serving the Crimson Order as a Company Executive Officer and will assist in leading our military combat operations once the game launches.

About Me
I first saw SWG in Sept 2003 in my friends room in Okinawa while I was asking if he had any requests for the beer run. I remember it looked kind of cool, but he had to run everywhere. After returning from the Island I was assigned to the team of a tall goofy looking man while working in the ER. That goofy man was none other than the Company Commander, Ewel. He talked me into joining this new-fangled game since he knew me to be a Star Wars nerd. I signed up and became the newest meat shield in DoTA, my first guild hall on Tatooine in Krayts Gate. I started at the bottom as well, slowly worked my way up to the rank of chief meat shield.

After participating in many battles coordinated by our fearless leader, the NGE effectively shut us down, and Ewel and I took a break from the game. I went to Iraq, and when I returned, Ewel had settled into an Imperial guild known as Crimson Order.

I began as a crunchy in the Crimson Order Jedi ranks, first gaining notoriety as a meat shield during one of our many raids into the Rebel scum's base. As I was attached to Ewel by a very long leash put there by some of our leadership (real and in game) I served mainly as his diplomatic exercise ground I think.

We found a great home in CO. The Wookie Jedi was a great guy, as were most of the other guildies we met there. CO was truly the first online home and gaming group I had met. What further attracted me was the structure, loyalty and openness of the guild. Along with Rockies and Ewel, I helped re-craft our proudest achievement, and re-activated the long dormant Jedi Conclave, an RP venue that used a lot of forgotten in game material to showcase not only the guilds elder members, but the game itself.

New leadership soon came about, and as can happen, some new ideas are considered, and some old ideas are revamped. Our server was on the verge of collapse, as we well know, and wanting to stay with the community from Naritus, I took my leave of the Order as they went to Bloodfin, traveling with the bulk of Naritus to the Flurry Server, though never forgetting my CO roots. After some trials and tribulations, I reconnected with the leadership of Crimson Order and, after a long awaited time, Ewel and I were able to proudly raise the Crimson Order flag on the Flurry server for the first time.

I am in real life I live in Washington DC, where I work for the Board of Veterans Appeals and am heavily involved in the improvement of life for currently serving members of the tactical medicine community. I am recently off active duty in the greatest Navy in the world, serving as a Navy Corpsman with the Marines. I am pursuing my BS in Emergency Management and Disaster Planning with an eye towards my masters in either International Relations or Public Health. I am a rather open person and for the most part if you ask me, I'll tell you.

Questions and answers

What was/is your best MMO experience and opportunity to date, and a particular instance in your gaming experience that you will never forget?

I can honestly say that for the most part everything I have done with CO. The few months of usurper leadership not withstanding, the entire time has been and continues to be a pleasure. Just good people, good times, and by and large no drama. The greatest opportunity for me was the ability to rebuild various parts of the guild both in SWG with the Conclave, and now as a member of the leadership team for SW:TOR.

Why have you been a member of this guild for so long?

They keep taking me back for some damn reason. I think Caden just wants to keep me around to help him move stuff. These people understand the meaning of loyalty and keeping life and game separate. The Crimson Order to me has always been about the members and they are not resistant to change. This guild has always rose to the occasion, and it is the first group of people I've met in a game that I have actually enjoyed having a beer with.

I wanna be a meat shield...

"You keep what you kill"

"Your knowledge cannot save you. Your magic cannot save you. Nothing can save you."
Ewel Long
Ewel Long
Dear Leader Emeritus
Lord

Awarded:

Not just anyone can be a meat shield, it takes long hours of study and practice. Do you have what it takes?

Throw me at'em! twisted

"You keep what you kill"

"Your knowledge cannot save you. Your magic cannot save you. Nothing can save you."
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Crimson Order Forum Index -> Announcements (Public) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: