Who's Online
Links
This is how much we use the site.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Crimson Order Forum Index -> Announcements (Public)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vexaran
Friend of the Order
Noob

re: SWTOR EMail Scam

Just to let everyone know, today a bunch of emails went out to people apparently from Eric Musco, the community manager for SWTOR, letting people know about an upcoming beta test.

The email provides a link to a website that is spoofing the SWTOR website and asks you to login to accept the NDA agreement.

DO NOT DO THIS! It is a Phishing Scam, even though the email reads emusco@bioware.com

Thanks for the heads up Vex

This was posted on the subject on the official forums form someone who contacted bioware:

Apparently this is a legit email (after SWTOR looked into it), but it is dated information. So although the person was authentic and was good email...the information is out of date. Just be careful and call SWTOR before you input any account information.

I thought this was legit so clicked the link, I have a security key so even if they got my user name (which everyone knows thanks to them making it the same as your forum name) they still can't log into my account I did change my password after running norton and wiping my cache history.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Crimson Order Forum Index -> Announcements (Public) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: