Who's Online
Links
This is how much we use the site.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Crimson Order Forum Index -> Announcements (Public)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caden Graka
Caden Graka
Dear Leader Emeritus
Apprentice

Awarded:

re: Get to know the CO's leaders, Part Three: Ewel Long

Ewel Long is currently serving as a Company Commanding Officer in the Crimson Order's military, he joined us back in the SWG Naritus days and rose to a leadership post during that time.

About Me
I started playing Star Wars Galaxies in Sept 2003 and remember having to run everywhere, actually having to punch everything because I hadn't had a weapon built yet. I played for about 3 months and the due to Navy Schools left for about 2 1/2 years. In late 2005 I came back after a RL friend talked me back into it. I built a new toon on Naritus server and settled on Tatooine in Krayts Gate with the guild ACME. I started at the bottom, slowly worked my way up in level and I prestige within the guild. This was a neutral guild with both Imperial and Rebel factions.

After about a year, there was a true divide within the guild with the factions polarized. I became the leader of the Rebellion side, and after a time split from the main guild and formed the Defenders of the Alliance (DotA). We quickly rose to prominence as a Rebel guild and due to our actions on the battlefield and skill at diplomacy formed a true rebel alliance with all the other rebel guilds on the server. We were able to coordinate between us and attack and control the ebb and tide of the battles. I worked with the DEVs and set up 3 server wide battles earning badges from the devs. At this point we had about 150-200 active members.

But as usually happens all things come to an end. In 2006 I transfered duty stations and was out of pocket for about 30 days. In this time the guild crumbled, split off and DotA ceased to be. I found myself to view the rebellion as it truely was and with eyes wide embraced the Dark Side. I had just become a Jedi Knight when this happend.

I stayed guildless for a time, and was approached by a Wookie Jedi named Rockies to join his guild the Crimson Order. After looking at the recruiting posts, talking with the at this point mysterious Corf and convincing the remnants of my former guildies to join i began my glorious ride within one of the best groups of friends I have met, without ever truely meeting them.

What further attracted me was the structure, loyalty and openess of the guild. I was able to join the Conclave of the guilds Jedi. After a few months I was able to be promoted up the Chain of Command until I was made the Dark Lord of the Conclave.

I held this position in the guild for about a year at which time as sometimes happens under new leadership, things change and old ideas are discarded for new ones and the leadership lost it's focus of what the founders started. I left the guild and SWG and floated to DDO, LOTRO, Vanguard, Conan and finally back to SWG.

I am in real life married to one of the best women in the world, who understands gaming, and allows me to be me. Most of the older crew know her as Cisri. I am on active duty in the greatest Navy in the world, and serve as an Independent Duty Corpsmen with 2D MARDIV in NC. I am pursueing my BS in Health Science with an ultimate goal of a Physican's Assitant. I am an open person and for the most part if you ask me, I'll tell you in ass bleeding detail.

Questions and answers

What was/is your best MMO experience and opportunity to date, and a particular instance in your gaming experience that you will never forget?

I can honestly say that for the most part everything I have done with CO. The few months of usurper leadership not withstanding, the entire time has been and continues to be a pleasure. Just good people, good times, and by and large no drama. The greatest oppurtunity to date has been the ability for me to be able to bring my thoughts and ideas as a leader for the guild. To be able to help the guild grow and give back to the people whom I call friends.

Why have you been a member of this guild for so long?

Because these people understand the meaning of loyalty. Even in the worst of times, it is always CO first, all others second. Being apart of the this guild actually means something to the leadership. Membership has it's privledges means something. I have been in many guilds that once you put your time in they expect, they give nothing back, they don't care about anything but themselves. The Crimson Order to me has always been about the members. What can we do for the members to keep them entertained, happy and wanting to come back is a question I still here in the thoughts of my fellow commanders. What more do you need in a guild?

Jump to: